To inform collectors about your background, process, and influences, please update your artwork description with ideas on what your art signifies, descriptions of your process, what themes you are exploring, your influences, and description about the series if your artwork is part of a larger body of work. We encourage you to browse artwork descriptions on Depict for reference.
Style guidelines to writing your artwork description:
Please write a 3-5 sentence description of your artwork in less than 200 words, and a descriptive, concise medium description. Write your texts in 3rd person rather than 1st person (using your first and last name rather than “I” or “we”).
- Medium of your work (photography, video, mixed media, code, animation, 3D, etc)
- Process of creating the work
- Themes and motifs to the work
- Sources of inspiration
- Whether the piece has previously existed in other forms (i.e. painting, film, installation)
- Prior exhibitions of the work before (State the year, gallery or museum and city/country)
- Collaborators in creating the work
- References to another artwork or artist